We’re excited to welcome you to the historic Governor’s Mansion and hope you enjoy your tour! In the interest of all our tour guests, please observe the following important notices and rules:
- All tours begin at the Jackson Street gate, which is located on the north side of the Mansion between 4th and 5th Streets.
- Tour length is approximately one hour and may vary depending on age and size of group.
- Names of all individuals touring are required at the time of your reservation. For any changes or cancellations to your reservation, please notify the Illinois Governor’s Mansion in advance of your scheduled tour time.
- All visitors over the age of 18 must bring a government-issued photo ID or passport to gain entry to the Mansion grounds. Guests will be required to walk through a magnetometer upon entering the Mansion. Please inform one of our team members if your group needs any special assistance or accommodations surrounding this requirement.
- The Illinois Governor’s Mansion is proud to be fully compliant with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (“ADA”). Please inform staff if you or a member of your group needs any special assistance or accommodations. Please call (217) 782-6450 or send an e-mail to email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your visit for special requests.
- Visitors may not bring large bags or backpacks onto the Mansion grounds. The Mansion does not have lockers or storage areas on site. Visitors with an unauthorized bag will be advised to store it off-site.
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited on the Mansion grounds.
- Flash photography is not allowed in the Governor’s Mansion during a tour.